Home Security Installation Questions and Answers
If you have any questions or would like to contact us please refer to one of the two options below:
1. I want an appointment: If you do not have an installation appointment and would like to set one up simply click the button below or call us at 877-464-7437 (install available in select markets):
2. I have an appointment: If you have an installation appointment and would like to confirm or change the date/time of your install please call (888) 379-3552.
We are happy to assist you with the installation of your new LifeShield home security system. Prior to your install, make sure you have the following things ready to go:
- You must have an active high-speed Internet connection (no hotspots or satellite, not 3G or 4G).
- You must have an active Wifi network.
- You have a permanent open port on your router for LifeShield monitoring.
- You have your wireless SSID and password available for the installer. For security purposes, you will be asked to type in your credentials directly.
- If you want it connected to an active phone jack make sure it is within 6 feet of your base station or keypad location.
- Power will be needed for the Base and Console.
- The LifeShield equipment will be shipped to you via UPS prior to the installation appointment. Please put the equipment in a safe place until the installer arrives.
- Start to think about where each component of the system should go. Keep in mind that with the flexibility of the LifeShield Home Security product, many items do not have to be mounted.
- Clear a path to all areas where the system components will be installed.
- Cage pets or confine them to areas that will not interfere with installation.
- Someone over the age of 18 must be present in the home during the entire installation.
- The LifeShield installation can take approximately 2 hours.